Job description – Tech Product Manager
We are a Fintech company providing innovative financial products & solutions to consumers and businesses. We are looking to fill in the position of Tech Product Manager.
Kava Africa Offices located on Nyeri Close, Off Nyeri Road in Kileleshwa, Nairobi.
Contract Type: – Full Time Employment.
This is a cross-functional area where you will be responsible for coordinating the business, product(s) and technical elements of building our tech product(s).
- You are the product owner. You define the what, the why, the when and the how.
- You develop a deep understanding of your customer. You are obsessed with measuring and quantifying the impact of your product on the customers and the business. You strongly advocate for your customers/users.
- You understand the long-term vision of the product(s) viz a viz user behaviour and preferences.
- You drive a product from inception-to-launch collaborating with business to prioritize launch features.
- You define the value-proposition of your product. You define success metrics to design and improve your products. You conduct quantitative analysis to strategically identify viable options for prioritization and recommend best path forward.
- You will define the requirements and partner with business and developers to develop the UX (via flows, sketches, mockups and prototypes).
- You lead the planning for your product, gain consensus, and set priorities. You develop, refine, & manage the roadmap.
- You collaborate with relevant teams (business owners, design, tech, partner teams etc.) to iteratively build, ship, review, iterate then ship again.
- You collaborate at all levels in the org (Execs, consultants, PMs, data scientists, merchants, vendors) to establish commitment, trust, and business case for resource prioritization for your product(s)
Skills and Strengths:
- You display incredible ownership, great energy and initiative in solving problems.
- You are not afraid to ask questions and seek clarity. You listen. You are a lifelong learner.
- You bring a can-do approach. You take time to understand the issues (said, unsaid), propose solutions, and take ownership through resolution.
- You embrace change. You can switch from complex to routine as required, all within the day.
- You are adept at dealing with ambiguity at speed. You are self-directed and trusted to execute with a sense of urgency across products and teams.
- You are friends with data and metrics. You use quantitative analysis to improve quality of decisions.
- You are a skilled communicator using different media (verbal, written, visual) to effectively present complex information to varying groups across the business for maximum effectiveness.
- You evangelize your ideas, vision, and roadmap.
- You are well-versed with the industry landscape (competitors, new products, new developments, new policies that may affect the product(s) etc.)
- Experience in defining and launching high-traffic, consumer-facing Apps and platforms
- 3 years or more direct work experience in a similar role
- Strong familiarity with modern project management software and issue tracking software such as ASANA, JIRA, Redmine, Microsoft Project.
- IT-related Degree, Project Management, or equivalent
- Project Management certification(s); Project Management Professional preferred.
- Technical IT Background an added advantage.
How to apply:
If you possess the above qualifications and skills, please send us your CV citing your expected salary to email@example.com by 15th February 2020. Use Product Manager as your email subject. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.