Kava is a Saving & Investment Platform for Consumers.
Kava is not a Bank. We are an approved Financial Services Agent for various Financial Institutions, on whose behalf we provide various products and services. As such, Kava has no access whatsoever to your savings and only facilitates the movement of money between you and the regulated financial services partner and focuses only on making your experience as delightful as possible.
Any permanent resident in Kenya who is over 18 years of age and has a valid ID number is eligible to use the Kava App. Youâ€™ll also need to have a device that can run our mobile app.
You can get a lot more out of your Kava account with our mobile app. A smartphone makes all this possible.
To access Kava, download the app on Google Play store for Android Phone users and follow the registration process. Alternatively, you can call 0709 880 000 to have our customer care agents walk you through the registration process.
After registration it is possible to access services on your smartphone. The services are Savings and Borrowing against your savings.
It is critical you understand what you agree to when you create an account on Kava. Kava highlights four major points you must agree to use its services:
- By virtue of registering on Kava and making a deposit, you become a unit holder in the Britam Money Market Fund.
- Kava services will be provided to you as long as you are the sole account holder of your Kava and Britam Money Market Fund account.
- When you borrow against your savings, a lien equivalent to the money borrowed plus fees will be placed on your savings.
- In the unfortunate event that you fail to repay your loan and your account falls into default, Kava will recover the outstanding amount from your savings and investment.
Please visit https://kava.africa/website-terms-and-conditions/ to read the full Terms & Conditions. If you need further explanation of the Terms & Conditions, please contact customer care by calling 0709 880 000. You can also send an email to email@example.com
- Download the Kava App on Google Playstore
- Follow a simple Registration process
- Create your goals and specify the targets
- Make you debosit via MPESA
- Your account is credited instantly
- Track your goals on a in-app tracker
Totally. Saving through the Kava platform go to the custody of Britam Asset Managers (K) Limited a regulated entity governed by CMA rules and vast experience in Kenya.
This is a collective investment scheme in which investorsâ€™ contributions are pooled together to purchase a portfolio of financial securities, such as equities (shares), bonds, cash, bank deposits etc. The portfolio is managed by professional fund managers. Unit trusts are registered by CMA.
Funding your savings account is via MPESA at the moment.
- Login to the Kava App
- Select the account you want to make a deposit into
- Enter the amount you want to save
- Enter you MPESA PIN
- Your savings account will be credited immediately
At the moment, the minimum amount to activate an account and earn returns is Ksh 200/-.
The amount to top up your account is also KES 200/-
Yes, you can see your available balance anytime on your Personal Dashboard on the Kava App. In addition, you will receive monthly statements including your investment balance & savings details sent to the email that you specified during registration.
Your phone number is your unique identifier, so you canâ€™t save from a different phone number. In case you change your phone number, kindly update your personal information on the app.
Yes, anyone saving for you will use the same process as (How do I save?) above.
Yes, you can – anytime. Withdrawals take a minimum of 48HRS to process. However, we encourage you to keep your money for longer and hence enjoy the attractive interest rates. The minimum withdrawal amount is also Ksh 1,000/-
It’s entirely up to you. You can save anytime you like. The product is flexible and does not have any set requirements for making deposits. However, saving often means your nest egg grows faster!
The minimum amount to start earning returns is KES 200/-. Once you make a deposit, your savings will be invested by Britam and will start earning interest 24 hours after the deposit is made.